Monday, May 5, 2008

Art of Living - Part 2 course.

Last week, I went to the AoL Bangalore ashram for the first time. I was there amidst 700 other participants (!) to do the advanced course. Sadly, I had to leave the program on the 2nd day itself due to ill health.
People say that falling ill was a part of my body's internal cleansing. Possible. For now, I just wish I get to do the course again soon.
I am of the types who touch upon a lot of practices but find it difficult to go deeper into just one. However, I have been fairly regular with the Sudarshan Kriya that I learnt in the Basic course. Like many other doers of the Kriya, many a times Kriya is the difference between a positive energy day and a negative energy day!
Maybe, I do not like to go deep into one practice as that makes it difficult to be an observer of the practice and practitioners. And I love to observe.
There were 1000s of people from all over the country and abroad at the Ashram. It was humbling to see so many people there for something so intangible, so difficult to define, so abstract and so elusive - happiness and peace of mind. I met a 2nd yr engg student from a pune college who was doing his 4th advanced course. He had done the Basic course just an year ago! One thing he liked about being at the Ashram was the feeling that it is yours. So, you don't wait for somebody to do something for u. You just go and do it - like wash your own utensils. The instructor echoed the same feeling by saying often that "aapke ghar mein aapka swagat hai".
Be it ashrams or practices or organisations, once the members have a sense of belonging and ownership it just is a different story. You do not see blame games as one can't possibly criticise what one completely is one with. Energies are focussed on doing and creating. Is love an underlying emotion in such cases? My experiences say yes. Dig a little deeper into yours and tell me :).

1 comment:

piru007 said...

hi parul bajaj r u parul frm iim bangalore who belongs to jaipur??